What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACS Canada improved

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Man , are we moving up in this world. Aircraft Spruce has just opened up it's on-line store in Branford. We can now order on-line in Canadian dollars and get an in stock showing (Brantford stock) . I'm impressed so far with the stock they have.
Thank you ACS

Great for you folks in the T.O. area

I'll continue using ACS calf. I pick up from my freight forwarder 15 min to the South in Oroville, Wa.
I guess it's what works for you, right?
Regards,

Last edited:
Not sure why you'd want to order through the US office when the Canadian one is so easy. My largest order to date, my ICOM A210 and Garmin Aera 500, was almost $300 cheaper ordered through the Canadian store than if i'd ordered through the US online store. Avoiding the hassle of having to pick it up yourself and import it across the border is a huge benefit, and I *do* live close to the border.

I've had some discussion with Jim Irwin at ACS with respect to the Canadian operations.

I'd had some trouble, some of it self-inflicted and some of it due to ACS.

Now, everything seems to operating smoothly, with prompt delivery when ordered FOB Canada. I had to 'debug' the system because of my move to Sidney which is not near a US Freight Forwarder.

It works fine, and is a lot more convenient than dealing with most US suppliers who really don`t know how to ship to Canada cost effectively.

Just remember to check `FOB Canada` when checking out. It`s a rather confusing term but it means that it will be shipped from the Ontario office.

Vern

Hi Lorne: Still have my place in Osoyoos, so I plan to fly up there in the summer. Need a place at Oliver airport to store a car, though. If you know of a space, please let me know.

Thanks, V

Vern
My point of posting this good news is that ACS Canada now has there own on-line order desk if that's OK to call it that. You just go on the Canadian ACS site and use their order form. It comes up in Canadian prices and stock is for the Brantford store. Much simpler and less chance of a costly mistake.
I once made a purchase for a a switch from Digikey and forgot to specify the shipping method and brokerage was something like $40. The Switch was $3 plus shipping, turned out to be an expensive switch.

Back