What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Student Project in Albuquerque

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
Greetings Gang.
My La Queva HS freshman son must complete four hours of volunteer work for Health class. My wife convinced the teacher that volunteering to help an RV builder work on some aircraft construction would be a unique approach, educational, and fun (what'a gal!). My son already has the building bug as we're already studying the RV-7 preview plans.

We live in Albuquerque's Northeast Heights. Any RV builders out there want to help my kid get an 'A' and receive a little extra weekend help from him (and me)?

Scroll
Sid Mayeux

student help

Hi Sid,

I have some metal deburring work I use some help with.

Its not fun but its easy (does not involve power tools).

I'm working on the firewall fwd kit for an RV9A.

I also live in the NE heights.

Looks like I could easily spend 4 hrs in the shop this Saturday.

PM me if you might be interested.

Dave
-9A FWF kit
N514R

Dave,
A big THANK YOU from Houston and from me. We really did enjoy the time. I learned from both you and Wendell. Houston had a blast! The hands-on drilling, deburring, dimpling, and riveting really got him ever more deeply enthused about started on a 7.
Signing his name in Sharpee on the forward cockpit panel was a huge plus. He mentioned that on the way home: "Dad, my name will always be on that airplane." It was a cross between being the first to climb a mountain, and the first dog to pee on a tree: There's just a sort of solumn pride that'll always be his. :rolleyes:
Dave, you're a good man, and an excellent example of what the Vans Air Force is all about. Here's to 'gettin' her done' in time for Oshkosh!

Scroll
Sid Mayeux
Grateful father

You're welcome!

It was great meeting both you and Houston.

What a nice young man that Houston! He'll make a great build partner.

I also learned alot (like the approach speed of an F4 and how NOT to make a turn:D).

Wendell & I had fun working with you guys and I hope you take the plunge when the time is right.

I (like a bunch of good guys on this forum) are eager to help in any way we can!

I'll let you know our progress. Feel free to pop in if you're in the neighborhood.

The shop is always open most Sunday afternoons.

Dave
-9A FWF kit
N514R

open shop policy...

come on down!

But I don't think my plane is one you'd drool over.

Its pretty basic; wood prop, used engine, basic steam gauge panel.

I'm even going to paint it myself and I'm no painter:D

My Classic Aero seats are due in tomorrow. That'll be exciting.

I hope to have this thing flying by about June 1 if possible. We'll see.

Dave
N514R

Balloon Fiesta

Maybe you ABQ folks could do some hanger flying with the ones of us that will be coming to the Fiesta this year.

Back