What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My RV-8 EFIS

Couple more questions

Mike, Not sure you know, but the EI (www.buy-ei.com) MVP-50 is *now* compatible with the Chelton (btw, I've heard that the ACS-2500 is as well, but can find no documentation to back that claim up). It's a *much* better engine instrument than the EIS-4000/6000 is and can do sooo much more...

Ok, on to my questions, Why put the PS-E CD (or is it DVD and if so, what to play the video on?) in there. A typical indash car audio CD/MP3/DVD/ etc is soooo much cheaper, and probably better and more flexible. Only challenge is the DIN size (slightly wider than the AV spacing).

Also, I see no audio panel or intercomm (not sure what RV this is in? 3,4, or 8?). With your interest in putting a CD player in there (BTW, I'd just bag that whole idea and put an IPOD cable in and be done with moving whiring disks in the cockpit :)), it seems you need a way to buffer the audio from the radio, and select which you are listening too, or how you are listening to it.. (muting, mixing, etc).

At the min, if you don't want to put a full audio panel in, at the least you'll need some way to buffer, mute, select, etc how the external audio source is "jacked" in.

Don't know if you took advantage of the D2A trutrak promo that they ran at OSH last year, but if you did, you can upgrade to the VSGV version of the digiflight II for the difference (think it was $1000). Also make sure when you specify the Digiflight that you get it in the "flat pack", their words, so you get the slim sized version and not the 2" round version.

Alan

Last edited:
Adam said:
I am sure that the MVP-50 is compatible with the Cheltion System.

Stupid me, that was suppose to be a now, not a not... Sorry for the confusion, I edited the original post to fix that... :(

Back