What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fernandina Beach restaurants?

pierre smith

Well Known Member
My wife, Jenny, really wants to visit Fernandina Beach and several friends have mentioned restaurants in the old, historic district.

Another friend recently took his Dad to lunch at the marina on the inlet.

For a good seafood lunch, what do you guys recommend?

Thanks,

Pierre,
My wife and I go to Fernandina Beach fairly often. Our favorite place is called "Slider's" and it is on the beach at one of the roundabouts. During our first visit there together (I used to go often as a kid) Slider's advertised the "best dam crab cakes on the beach period." Since my wife likes crab cakes that is where we went. And, they were good! We go there evertime we are in Fernandina. Afterwards, we go walk through the old town. There are several neat little shops to visit.

If we stay down that way long enough we usually pop down to St. Augustine and go to the Columbia restaurant for paella. Mmmmm... Can't wait to get the 8A finished!

Didn't know about Barbara Jean's....

....thanks. It'll probably be next week....Friday, more than likely. Wx permitting, it'll be Charleston tomorrow or Friday.

BTW...Barbara Jean's is owned by an old Viet Nam F-4 driver, so we usually try to support him, obviously.

Best,

Back