What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Group Flyout for Jan 2, 2010

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
We will have a breakfast fly-in at Flying Tiger Airpark on SATURDAY, January 2, 2010 for the RV Group and the EAA Chapter 1236.
IDENTIFIER: FL54
FREQUENCY: 122.9
RUNWAY: 9/27
ARRIVAL TIME: 8:30 - 9:00
THIS WILL BE THE JANUARY EVENT FOR THE RV GROUP.

Assuming good wx...

I'll be there. Will try to get a small group from ZPH to fly up as well.

Ryan - You going?

9/27 5500' - I think I can get my 9A in there.

I'll be there. Will try to get a small group from ZPH to fly up as well.

Ryan - You going?

9/27 5500' - I think I can get my 9A in there.

I'm out Carl. We're headed to Costa Rica tomorrow morning and won't be back till next week. We missed you at the Williston breakfast yesterday.

Ended up doing maintenance

Changing plugs, re-torque prop, general fussing around. Test flight later but everything was apart when you were having breakfast. Sorry I missed you.

Have fun in Costa Rica.

Carl

Hi Dan,
I flew over FL54 a week ago, is the 09/27 runway turf or pave?
Will try an make it for brearkfast sat morning.
Thanks Brent

Paved?

A member comment on the AOPA site lists it as 5500' paved.

Comments - FL54 - Flying Tiger Field
Options: Back to Airport Detail | Post Comment

The comments posted here are unedited comments by AOPA members, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of AOPA staff.

Comments not associated with an FBO:

11/10/2009 11:34; Info needs updating. Flew into their first Sat breakfast last weekend and found a different airport. 9/27 is now concrete and 5500 feet. Lots of nice people and planes there for the breakfast. First Sat in Dec is their big flyin including breakfast and lunch.

Can anyone confirm that?

Paved

Runway 9-27 is is paved cement. I try to make every one of their breakfasts as they are the best. You will be surprised at the cement runway as they did a poor job of floating it.

Runway Options

Is runway 18/36 (turf) still open? Just in case of Northly winds...nice to have options and grass is so nice with the RV.

Just a hop/skip away, I'm hoping to be there. :cool:

Sorry I can't make this one.
I really enjoyed meeting everyone last week.

Saturday, I'll be at ZPH making my first jump from a perfectly good airplane.:eek:

Back