What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Flyout Sat 12/26

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
Anybody interested in hooking up for a flyout on Sat 12/26?
I'm based at Brooksville (KBKV), but could meet others at any location.

My wife's working so I'm free for the day.:cool:

Count me in as a maybe. My prop overhaul/scrap has kept me out of the air for three weeks and I'm due for a fix. The new (to me) prop goes on in the morning.

NUTS!

Family in town for the weekend so I can't make it but keep me in the loop. Maybe after New Years if y'all are interested.

I don't think a location has been picked. If some of you Georgia fellers are thinking about heading down, maybe we could head North to meet somewhere in the middle?

Prop is on and feels soooo smooth.

I don't think a location has been picked. If some of you Georgia fellers are thinking about heading down, maybe we could head North to meet somewhere in the middle?

Prop is on and feels soooo smooth.

I agree with Ryan,
I'm willing to go North and meet you all half way. I was up at Live Oak last Staurday and they mentioned a breakfast the 4th Saturday of the month. Not sure if this applies for this Christmas weekend.
If you have other favorites, I'm game.

Ryan , we could hook up around ZPH or proximity.

A couple of us from ZPH

There's a few at ZPH that are always looking for an excuse to burn fuel.
Like yourself we're in the middle of the state so north or south is fine.

Is Flagler to far south for the GA fellows? Good restaurant for lunch on the field.

Keep us posted.

where to go?

Hey guys,

My name is Bill Whidden and just finished a 1700 foot grass strip in Lake Wales Florida. Great little hamburger joint 1/2 mile away with angus burgers. If you guys wanted to come down let me know. Just got the identifier 52FA. They (FAA) got all the info wrong on runway direction. It's actually 03-22 The runway has a little bend in it. We call it Bent Willies:) Smokey was the first to land there and visits regularly. My number is 407-616-7764. In about 3 weeks the swamp buggy will be available to drive down to restaurant and any rv'rs would be welcome to land and use it. Just stay on edge of road, it's not street legal

Bill whidden
rv-4

Hamaknockers - 2J0?

I vote for this place. Anyone have experience going here? It is a turf strip, long and smooth. Restaurant is supposed to be very good and located at the end of the strip.
Otherwise, St. Augustine SGC has a cafe. Never been there either.
These are fairly central locations for GA and FL pilots.

Sat 26th williston X-60 8:30.....

i will start a new post to reply too!!!!!!!!!! it looks like SAT 8:30 X-60 Williston bfast......... turbo

Last edited:
I vote for this place. Anyone have experience going here? It is a turf strip, long and smooth. Restaurant is supposed to be very good and located at the end of the strip.
Otherwise, St. Augustine SGC has a cafe. Never been there either.
These are fairly central locations for GA and FL pilots.

I vote for this place as well. Us north Georgia boys would have a hard time making breakfast in central Florida.

As a plan B, my son and I were talking about Peach State Aerodrome GA2. WX looks great. Fantastic, new restaurant, and vintage airplane HQ. We love this place! Who needs FLA! :p
Lunch Anyone?

Hey guys,

My name is Bill Whidden and just finished a 1700 foot grass strip in Lake Wales Florida. Great little hamburger joint 1/2 mile away with angus burgers. If you guys wanted to come down let me know. Just got the identifier 52FA. They (FAA) got all the info wrong on runway direction. It's actually 03-22 The runway has a little bend in it. We call it Bent Willies:) Smokey was the first to land there and visits regularly. My number is 407-616-7764. In about 3 weeks the swamp buggy will be available to drive down to restaurant and any rv'rs would be welcome to land and use it. Just stay on edge of road, it's not street legal

Bill whidden
rv-4

bill, do you have the coordinates and direction and distance from lake wales for the strip. sounds like a fun place to get together. is it charted yet? turbo:)

Back