What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVs Fly In Florida........

turbo

Well Known Member
RVs Fly In Florida Every Wed 8am Sebring.......

img0044g.jpg

img0047h.jpg

img0050zk.jpg

img0051x.jpg

Wednesday morning in florida has 20+ aviators and 10+ RVs headed to sebring for 8am food fun and flying in the cool crisp smooth air. i am coming from the se and miami center advises a large gaggle converging from the sw. i reply that the group of rvs are meeting at sef. i cancel flight following and meetup for lots of coffee and food. a great morning that ends with a mass exit to chatter on 123.15. the flight ends at 10am and temps rising to 70 degrees. is it really xmas? HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY FROM RVS IN FLORIDA> TURBO

Last edited:
Count me in!

Wow, how did I miss this. If you guys have some kind of email list, put me on it. I couldn't have made it Wednesday due that work thing but maybe next time,

Bill Near

Yup, just got back from a walk in the parking lot after lunch. The weather is great. Need more tools before I start pounding away.

Hey, I would have made this one if I had known about it, as well! I was just at SEF on Sunday for breakfast but would have gladly made the trip again to meet fellow RV'rs. Put me on the notification list if such a thing exists.

Sorry I missed it!

I was invited to ride with Tom Irlbeck (blue Navy RV8) this morning, but had to decline for other plans. Looks like a fun time.

Next time.....

.....let's try to get a post up here BEFORE the event occurs. Pics are great afterwards, but it's always better to be there in person. Add me to the list of those who wish they'd known about this little get together.

The guy who doesn't understand why we need three FL forums,
Ryan :rolleyes:

.....let's try to get a post up here BEFORE the event occurs. Pics are great afterwards, but it's always better to be there in person. Add me to the list of those who wish they'd known about this little get together.

The guy who doesn't understand why we need three FL forums,
Ryan :rolleyes:

I agree with Ryan.
I started compiling a short list of RVers but this may be a better forum to pre-announce RV events.

also interested ...

I too would like to be included on the list. My RV-12 is still in the garage being built ... have a thousand building questions for all you veteran builders. I would love to see your RV's next time.

I to,

would like to be invited.

I am a snowbird from KY and my 7A was inspectid and certified just before I came to FL. a couple of weeks ago. I am in Florida from December through March and I will drive to an RV meeting.

Please put me on the list.

Yeah, put me on the list too. I was trying to think of something to do that day. Would have had another two RV's there had I known.

Resturant

N. Central FL, there is a new restaurant at Williston,FL( X60 check AirNav.com) that just opened last Sat and I'm sure they would appreciate your stopping by. Open 7am till 3pm.

lets get organized.........

this has turned out to be a great post to get some of you guys together for some flying. send me a email with your phone # and i will work on notifying you on some flyins. the group shown at the beginning of this post flys every wednesday for bfast. sebring and bartow can handle a large group but okeechoobee cant. as the group get organized i will email the contact info so anyone can notify about a flyin. later turbo. :cool:

Sat 26th 8:30 williston X-60.............

its time to make a decision. ollie mentioned this place which is new and nice to support them. the location is great for the georgia boys too. i will start a new post to reply to. have fun. turbo

What time....

...are you guys planning on arriving?

There's also an RV group at Ft. Myers, Buckingham airpark, where my -6A went.

I'll try and make it.

Best,

reply to newpost!!!!!!!

pierre, there is a new post started to reply to. it has the same heading. SAT 26th X-60 ect............

let me know

Please let me know of your fly meetings.just finish my phase one,I.m based at Lantana KLNA ,may be we can do something there,may be a trip at the Ocean .
Hugo
RV10
you tube hugo rv10 for first fly

...are you guys planning on arriving?

There's also an RV group at Ft. Myers, Buckingham airpark, where my -6A went.

I'll try and make it.

Best,
Hi Pierre and the Florida group. Twany and I are flying our 7A down to Page (KFMY) tomorrow to spend couple of weeks with Karen and (Indiana) Larry Helming at the place, in Fort Myers Beach, they are renting for the month. Larry and I will be out looking for RV activity while the girls do the shopping and beach thing.

Pierre, we will be within spitting distance of you tomorrow. Would stop in but we can't get out of Evansville, IN until after noon and want to make it into FMY before dark. Should have more time on the way home; I can taste those catfish now. When you took Twany and I to your favorite catfish emporium it was the first time she had eaten catfish, now she loves them.

Had 16 RVs (as well as a few other wannabee airplanes) at Sebring yesterday. Good group, good breakfast.

Back