What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Strobe Power Connectors

apatti

Well Known Member
I want to give a thumbs up to Rollison Airplane Company for their customer service. I needed some "mate-n-lock" connectors for my strobe system. They look a lot like the standard Molex connectors many of use for power connections. However, they are different. And, I didn't see them on Stein's or B&C's websties. So, I tried to order some from the folks from whom I purchased the strobe system. It is a company sometimes mentioned here (no, not Whelen). They had the connectors and pins but the shipping was going to be over $8 (more than the connectors). So, I emailed them and asked if they could just throw them in the mail. I was told "UPS is the only way to ship them" (i.e. go pound sand).

I then found Rollison and placed an order with them. I purchased twice as many connectors as I had originally tried to order from the other company. The total price including shipping was about $0.25 more than just the shipping charge from from the other company. And, I received my order a day and a half later. BTW, mailing cost was $1.05.

Yeah, this is small potatoes. But, I do get annoyed with "customer no-service" departments.

So, if you need strobe power connectors, check out Rollison.

BTW, when I was on the phone with the guy, I suggested he check out VAF and consider advertising here. Do I get a brownie point for that? :D

Back