What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sanchem test

jimpappas

Well Known Member
Any of you guys that bought some Sanchem get to use it yet?

I hope to try mine this week and was wondering if anyone had tried it yet and what results and suggestions they have.

I bought small spray bottles for $1 each from Ace Hardware to put the stuff in so I can spray on a small amount then use the scotchbrite pad, rinse and spray on the next step and so on.

Less waste, less particles in the air no compressor. Seems like a plan.

We'll see how it works.

Sanchem Test

I did a small test but not enough to really tell how it works. In general I found that the cleaner takes more effort with the scotchbrite pad than Alumprep does. It takes much more work to get a completely clean component. I think the Sanchem cleaner is much weaker than Alumprep. After rincing the piece, I immersed it in the A/B mixture. Immersing should get the best results. I found that the surface conversion was somewhat inconsistant, leaving a mottled surface, rather than a nice even color, which could be due to poor cleaning, or my rince water is too hard. I'll need to try some more testing before I make an decision on using it.

Let me know how yours turns out.

Last edited:
Back