What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

San Antonio group?

T432SWA

I'm New Here
Been lurking on the forum for a while, and I've found some San Antonio owners here. Do you guys get ever get together? If so - when? I'm interested in meeting some RV owners and discussing building before I make the call to Vans.

I'm over a year out on that call anyway, and I need to figure out if this is the right thing for me.

Currently, I fly for Southwest usually Sun-Tues, but my schedule is pretty flexible. I've been getting back into GA, sparked mostly by the recent purchase of the airplane I trained in - a Luscombe. I'm refurbishing it right now in MOB. I'll be looking for a hanger in the SA area soon for her btw.

Thanks in advance,
Ron

San Antonio RV Builders Groujp

Ron,

We have a pretty active RV group in the San Antonio area. We meet every Wednesday informally at 12 noon at the Luby's Cafeteria at Blanco Road and Loop 1604. We generally arrive at the front entrance of the cafeteria about 10 to 15 minutes before noon. Several flying RVs, several others in various stages of completion. At least one retired SWA pilot with a flying RV-7 in Stage I testing. We pretty much cover the area airports - Kestrel, Bulverde, New Braunfels, Boerne Stage, San Geronimo, Heritage, and others. Two active EAA chapters locally, though neither are specifically RV oriented - one at New Braunfels, one at San Geronimo.

Charlie
Ph. 210-493-5512
[email protected]

Last edited:
RE:

I did a search and it looks like Wednesday is the day y'all meet. If that's still true it will be the first of the year before I get over there, but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks for the info Charlie!
-Ron

EAA 958 New Braunfels

Ron,

We've got several members of our New Braunfels EAA Chapter 958 with completed RV's and one under construction (mine, wings arrive in January). If the weather is good, they usually fly into the meeting and park out front (about 75' from our meeting). Our chapter TC (Technical Counselor) built an RV-7A and is completing an RV-9A. I recently helped with the wing attachment. The RV "gurus" from Lockhart also frequently attend. We also do several joint meetings with the 99's womens group.

We meet on the 3rd Saturdays at 10:00am at the New Braunfels airport terminal every month starting in January. We won't have a December meeting but are having our Christmas party on the 5th at 7pm at Granzin BBQ. You're welcome to come to the party (spouses invited, white elephant gifts, etc). Hope to see you at some of our meetings.

Larry New, EAA 958 President, 2010

Back