What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight Simulator RV-7..?

Toeholder

I'm New Here
I have heard of but can not find a simulator add on for the RV 7. Can anyone give me advice of where to find one?
Toeholder

Flight Factory Simulations

There was one made by Flight Factory Simulations, long out of business now.
The RV-7 can be found online if you look hard enough.

I have X Plane version 9 on my mac. It comes with all of the Van's aircraft and you can customize the heck out of it.

The RV's that come with X-Plane are not very good. Lousy in fact. They pitch up with flap deployment and don't seem much faster than Cessna 172's. Not a very good representation of an RV. The Flight Factory model for MSFS was better, but is a simplistic model compared to what's available these days.

However, after some moaning on an X-Plane forum.........the designer who has done a nice MU2 for X-Plane, decided to take the basic RV in X-Plane and give the grey skin a re-do. He also worked on the flight dynamics. Actually several versions were made, but everything has not been totally perfected yet. A flight instructor also made some modifications to the flight dynamics, but I have not tried them.

This plane looks suspiciously like mine. :) The first version even had the tail number.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

the designer who has done a nice MU2 for X-Plane, decided to take the basic RV in X-Plane and give the grey skin a re-do. He also worked on the flight dynamics. Actually several versions were made, but everything has not been totally perfected yet. A flight instructor also made some modifications to the flight dynamics, but I have not tried them.

This plane looks suspiciously like mine. :) The first version even had the tail number.

Larry:

Wow! Great choice in models!

So who is the designer, and is his airplane available? Where? Cost?

I'll buy a copy of X-plane if your, errr, his plane is available.

Stephen

Larry:

Wow! Great choice in models!

So who is the designer, and is his airplane available? Where? Cost?

I'll buy a copy of X-plane if your, errr, his plane is available.

This is the designer...

http://www.x-scenery.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=6

But the RV6A plane evolved from a few postings at Avsim (X-Plane fourm). I don't believe it's in any library, and not sure the links (Avsim) would still work. As it evolved over a few weeks, some changes would effect others for good or bad. And as mentioned, a flight instructor made a few mods too. They were in the same thread.

BTW-- My preference for "desktop" flight simulation is the RealAir Marchetti SF260 for FSX. Somewhat similar to an RV in regards to side by side & sliding canopy. It has some of the best simulated flight dynamics ever.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Back