What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Travel to Charlotte

mbwaggs

I'm headed to Charlotte next week and would appreciate some suggestions for airport/fbo that will take care of my RV-6.
Thanks in advance.

What part of town? Charlotte's plenty big with several airports around and it's hard to make a recommendation w/o a little more info :) Monroe (EQY) is always a good choice, but being southeast of town.. it probably isn't the best option if you are going to the northwest part of town.. etc..

charlotte

Great town-- We usually go into Concord, JQF, for North Charlotte. Great airport with super FBO. If you ask, they will let you park plane so you don't have to worry about someone else moving it. Sometimes lotsa traffic associated with Nascar. Very close to racetrack. Further north is Lake Norman Airport, cute little airport. If you are going to enter CLT's class B, be prepared to be driven around a little. Many small airports/flying communities around the area. Happy flying. larry

And don't forget...

...about George Orndorff (GBI). He and Becky are based at Gold Hill (NC25) just outside the Mode C veil, NE of Charlotte. NC25 is a private airpark, but give 'em a call.

North of City

Lake Norman Airpark 14A is a very nice stopping point about 20 miles north of town. Easy access to I-77.

Thanks for all the great info. I am headed to downtown, so I'll head to Concord for this run. Thanks again for the quick and informative responses.
Mark

Back