What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Isham's tool kits - Free Pnematic Squeezer Upgrade!

osxuser

Well Known Member
Isham's is offering for a limited time a free upgrade to a Pnematic squeezer with their tools kits. I think they just tipped the balance for me. I was between Isham/Avery/Cleveland.

Avery doesn't have the option for a 4x gun

Cleveland is pricey for what you get

Isham has free Pnematic squeezer...

No brainer. I do think I'm gonna order some stuff seperately from Cleveland, like the #30/40 reams and such :).

What do you plan on riveting with the 4x gun??? I have the 3x, and I wish I would have gotten the 2x. I would imagine the 4x would be a bit too strong for the skins -- just my opinion, though. YMMV.

robjohnson said:
What do you plan on riveting with the 4x gun??? I have the 3x, and I wish I would have gotten the 2x. I would imagine the 4x would be a bit too strong for the skins -- just my opinion, though. YMMV.

I originally bought a 2x but later upgraded to a 3x when I tried to rivet my main wing ribs to the wing spar. The 2x just made a lot of noise. Others have said they had no problem...whatever that means.

I already have a Jiffy 2x, but it doesn't do the job for some parts (nothing past -4 rivets). Buying a 3x is just too close to the 2x I already have, so I'm getting a 4x, and will regulate it down. 4x guns work great for a lot of things because they have a heavy slow beat. Much more controlable than the 2x's fast chattering :).

I just attached my leading edges to my spar with what I thought was a 3x when I bought it, but I am willing to lay money on the fact that it is a 4x. It was just the ticked when using the offset rivet set. However, to buy one for just these weird instances may not be practical. I must say that it is good to have one in the local collective!

Share those tools!

:) CJ

Very new guy here so please forgive me for the question.

What is the difference between a 3-in C-Yoke and a Longeron Yoke squeezer? What can I do with one that I can't do with the other?

Well, if i'm not mistaken, you'll need both eventually. I'd get the 3" to start the tail, but both are gonna be on my list.

I ordered my tool kit from Isham's at the end of November and the free upgrade at the time was the DRDT-2 dimpler. I'm really happy with the tools so far. I've built both practice kits and am ordering the empennage Monday. I'm happy so far with the Tatco squeezer, but it looks like a chore to change yokes. I'm sure it would be tiring to use for a large number of rivets. Very nice people there at Isham's as well.

bearair,

I am also in the market for some new tools, and had seen the Ishams deal w/ the pneumatic squeezer. I was going to upgrade to the DRDT-2 also. Would it be beneficial to subtract the hand squeezer and go with Avery's? If I don't, can the yokes be interchanged between pneumatic and hand on the Ishams kit? Finally, what is the quality of the fluting pliers, dimpling pliers, hand seamer, etc? Do they provide ones made out of vice grips or simply pliers type ones? (If i'm correct, Avery makes these in house and they are vice grips with welded attachments)

I'd appreciate any more info you could give me.

Thanks,
-Pat-

papa_whiskey said:
bearair,

I am also in the market for some new tools, and had seen the Ishams deal w/ the pneumatic squeezer. I was going to upgrade to the DRDT-2 also. Would it be beneficial to subtract the hand squeezer and go with Avery's? If I don't, can the yokes be interchanged between pneumatic and hand on the Ishams kit? Finally, what is the quality of the fluting pliers, dimpling pliers, hand seamer, etc? Do they provide ones made out of vice grips or simply pliers type ones? (If i'm correct, Avery makes these in house and they are vice grips with welded attachments)

I'd appreciate any more info you could give me.

Thanks,
-Pat-
Personally, I will eventually want both hand and Pnematic squeezers. The Isham's kit is just GREAT deal with the Pnematic squeezer right now. Yokes are interchangable for most hand/pnematic squeezers, but NOT for the TATCO squeezer that Isham sells, so if you go with their kit, go with the pnematic squeezer. Then buy a hand squeezer from Avery or something. With Isham's deal right now, there is ONLY the option of upgrading to the Pnematic squeezer for free, the DRDT free upgrade was a PREVIOUS offer. You can still upgrade it, but you will pay the extra money.

Back