What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

indy area taildragger instruction

miyu1975

Well Known Member
Can someone in the Indianapolis area recommend me an instructor for taildragger training?..I would like to get my endorsement sooner rather than later and be able to build tg time too over next 2 or so years while I finish building.

HFY

There used to be a citabra for rent down in Greenwood (HFY). But that was many years ago, doubt it's still there.

Madison

Ryan
Give Cliff Robinson a call in Madison. I know it would be a long trip but I picked up my taildragger endorsement in his Super Decathlon. It was a blast to fly.

I don't have his number right off hand. You can call the airport and they will have.

Darren Kerns

Ron Huddleston at OVO (North Vernon) has a Cub at $75/hr. Don't know the instruction fee but can ask him tomorrow. Nice flying Cub, great instructor and nice facility. Ron's cell phone is 812 767-0615.

Bob Kelly

Now I feel out of touch

Do you have to get an endorsement for tail draggers now? Mercy, have things changed. :eek:

Paul
LAF
RV7A, tail section done, working on wings, and not looking forward to tanks.

I do tailwheel instruction out of Greenwood HFY in a 1995 Maule M-7-160

$106/hr wet for the airplane.
$39/hr instruction.

You can rent the Maule solo after 10 hours dual. Less than that for just the endorsement. Great time builder for insurance when your airplane is ready.

Chris Atwood
317-331-1609.
[email protected]
vupilot.blogspot.com

Back