What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokyray

Well Known Member
This years Oshkosh allowed my wife and I to be project managers for the Fly4Life feature. I parked one of our Missionary Aviation C-206's next to the forum area to allow it access post-STOL forum. Of course it is also the RV area! Luckily for us Rick Gray parked his award winning Rocket right next to us which helped "bring the overflow crowds" to our C-206!
Anyway, I noticed Rick was running a Whirlwind prop which Dave Anders has also switched to as well. Rick, how do you like the prop and Whirlwind's service?

Smokey
HR2

www.fly4life.org

Last edited:
I'm real happy with my Whirlwind. I like the way it looks and the way it sounds :). Of course, being a 3 blade it's also extremely smooth. My GRT TAS and climb numbers are impressive....but I've yet to fly alongside any of my Rocket buds to get some real world comparisons. I may have chance this weekend....if so I'll report back. Truth is.....even if they put a whoopin' on me I'd keep my Whirlwind :D.

Greg Anderson at Whirlwind is a dream come true. He did everything he said he would and then some. The prop comes with everything from the flywheel forward. I especially like the wide chord and the swept tip with the nickel leading edge that goes all the way around the tip.

I like my F1 Rocket so much that I bought another F1 kit last winter. It will also turn a Whirlwind 400C Rocket Prop.

I talked to the gent with the 206 that was parked next to me quite a few times......sorry I missed ya'.

Luckily for us Rick Gray parked his award winning Rocket right next to us which helped "bring the overflow crowds" to our C-206!
Anyway, I noticed Rick was running a Whirlwind prop which Dave Anders has also switched to as well. Rick, how do you like the prop and Whirlwind's service?

Smokey
HR2

www.fly4life.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back