What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

POTUS TFR Upcoming for Fri-Sun

the_other_dougreeves

Well Known Member
Well, us Texans don't have a lock on the White House anymore, so the rest of the nation gets to experience the "joy" that is the Presidential TFR.

Details have not been announced yet, but The Prez will be in Bozeman, MT on Friday and making his way (car? Marine One?) to and through Yellowstone NP and eventually to Grand Junction, CO on Saturday.

POTUS TFRs typically have an inner "no-fly" zone for GA, 10NM radius, SFC to FL180, and an outer area, 30NM, SFC to FL180, where one must be on an active flight plan with a discrete squawk; no instruction, student pilots, etc in the 30NM zone. Best that you check and get an official brief before flying anywhere near those areas.

Details as they come out, but I expect that we'll see TFRs for BZN, WYS, JAC and GJT and the area around Yellowstone NP. I'm sure that will sink any chance I had for soaring out of BZN on Friday, and Bozeman will be a zoo all weekend.

Please be careful out there. Busting a TFR sure isn't going to help your flying career. And before anybody starts in on the current POTUS, TFRs were just as painful under the previous one. We still have a permanent "temporary" flight restriction around his new house (even though it's in the surface area of the DAL Class B).

TODR

Thanks for the heads up. We give those guys (current or previous) a great big White House with a home office to use. And when you watch those
programs on History or Discovery (or 60 Minutes) with what goes in to plan and fly TWO 747's, all the cars, gas (at what cost?) and such EVERY
time these guys want to go anywhere, I'd sign a petition to make them stay home while they are in office!

Back