What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV owners in Santa Barbara?

I'm a newbie working on a private pilot cert. in Denver, CO. Interested in purchasing an RV -- perhaps an RV9A. Will be in Santa Barbara 8/7 through 8/9. Anyone in the area willing to talk about RVs? Thanks!

Kent

RVs in SB

There are a few RV'ers at Santa Ynez, just up the 101 from SB. I think there is a 9A on the field at SBA as well, but I can't confirm that.

The drive to Santa Ynez is nice and it's a great little airport. I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to talk planes with there.

Good luck and enjoy SB, it's a great town.

Santa Barbara

According to the RV White Pages (click on it on the left side of the home page) I am the only RV owner in Santa Barbara. This is curious, since There are at least two more on the field. Unfortunately, this weekend is the annual "Old Spanish Days Fiesta" an overcrowded tourist event that we natives avoid. I will be out of town. :cool:

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

According to the RV White Pages (click on it on the left side of the home page) I am the only RV owner in Santa Barbara. This is curious, since There are at least two more on the field. Unfortunately, this weekend is the annual "Old Spanish Days Fiesta" an overcrowded tourist event that we natives avoid. I will be out of town. :cool:

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

John, where do you tie down/hanger on the field? Just curiious...I learned to fly at Pacific Aviation out of SBA about 13 years ago. I head up there every once in a while to get my burrito fix in IV. I've seen the 9A painted like a Gee Bee on the field a few times, but no other RVs. I'd love to drop in and take a peek at your 8 one of these weekends.

According to the RV White Pages (click on it on the left side of the home page) I am the only RV owner in Santa Barbara. This is curious, since There are at least two more on the field.
John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

John, I would like to visit the UCSB bookstore but would not like to pay the outrageous tie-down fee at KSBA for a few hours parking. Is there any other way to visit the airport without paying the fee?
Leland

RVs and Burritos...

John,

My '8' is in my hangar at Signature (formerly Santa Barbara Aviation) so it is out of sight most of the time. Give me a shout sometime and we can talk RVs and burritos. captjsclark (at) mac (dot) com.

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

Ramp fees

John, I would like to visit the UCSB bookstore but would not like to pay the outrageous tie-down fee at KSBA for a few hours parking. Is there any other way to visit the airport without paying the fee?
Leland

Kinda... At Signature they will waive the charges if you buy 7 gallons of fuel. The fuel isn't cheap, but if you are really charming, they will also give you the use of a crew car to run your errand or go to lunch. By the way, at the moment the crew car is a new Mustang convertible.

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

John,

My '8' is in my hangar at Signature (formerly Santa Barbara Aviation) so it is out of sight most of the time. Give me a shout sometime and we can talk RVs and burritos. captjsclark (at) mac (dot) com.

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

John, will do. I always park at Signature when I come up. I hate the fees, but they let me use the crew car so I figure it's a wash. That's how I justify it anyway...:p.
I'll definitely drop you a line next I'm coming up and see if we can't hook up. Thanks!

I live near the SB airport, and keep my -7A over in Santa Ynez. I will be over there on Saturday AM to fly around the local area a bit and maybe on Sunday as well, not sure. Send a PM if you want to meet up. There are several other RVs there as well

erich

Back