What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Roll Axis Autopilot

n38139

Well Known Member
Has anybody installed a roll axis AP in a -4? I looked at the trutrak website and they show an install that appears to be under the cockpit floor. Anybody have any input?

thanks,

Steve :confused:

Wing near bell crank

I know the RV-4 is like the RV-6 (wing bell crank) and really most other RV's. The common location is out in the wing near the bell crank. I know some mount the servo in the cabin near the stick but I am not familiar with that installation. I know the wing location just out side the bell crank works fine and a small push pull on the bell crank works well. George

Last edited:
In the RV4 they are either installed on the torque tube between the sticks (same as the RV8) or out in the wing...The preferred location for the RV6 is under the seat pans (per TruTrak - it's the way most -6's are done as far as TruTrak installs go, although there have been the ocassional few in the wingtip with a long pushrod) and in the wing for the 7 & 9 near the bellcrank.

There are a lot of RV4's flying with Trutraks, Navaids and also Trios in them...you shouldn't have a problem.

Cheers,
Stein.

Back