What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LSE II+ Power Wiring Question . . .

MS19087

Well Known Member
Install instructions call for power lead to be connected directly to battery. Is there a problem of connecting the +12VDC to the battery buss instead? The #12 wiring from the battery to the battery bus is rather short . . . Will I be subject to additional noise in radio systems or is there another reason for this instruction? Going to the buss would be easier:) Thanks for your input!!

You want it connected directly to the battery so that if the buss needs to be shut off in flight, you still have ignition.

"ripple"

I asked the same question, about a year ago. Klaus's answer: "the power lead carries a riplle".

So I connected one to the aux battery via a switch and one to the main battery solenoid (both with inline fuses and smaller breakers in the panel) and used shielded wire with the ground going to the battery ground. I guess if the solenoid goes bad, the alternator will still be powering the ignition. If that also fails, there is the second ignition. If that fails I can close the cross feed switch and supply power from the aux. alternator to the first ignition again. If that fails, I can fly on the aux battery for another hour. If that fails, well then I better find me a landing spot.

Install instructions call for power lead to be connected directly to battery. Is there a problem of connecting the +12VDC to the battery buss instead? The #12 wiring from the battery to the battery bus is rather short . . . Will I be subject to additional noise in radio systems or is there another reason for this instruction? Going to the buss would be easier:) Thanks for your input!!

Hi, Per the LSE instructions, direct to the battery (battery to 5A breaker to the switch to the Ign), that way the ignition is powered at all times, seperate from whatever else is going on. It increases simplicity keeping the fan that keeps the pilot cool ....spinning !
Peter

Hello Mark,
An inline cap filter (26kfu capacitor) will remove that "the power lead carries a ripple" syndrome if you must hook it up to your main buss (which I did on my G3i system). This will also keep that ripple from affecting any other sensitive electronic devises. The reasons why we suggest to connect to the battery is that it acts as a noise filter absorber or capacitor, this removes that discharge ripple. Hope this helps.
Sincerely,

Thomas Shpakow
www.g3ignition.com

Back