What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Silverhawk FI System Diagram?

Hi All,

I'm slowly making my way towards the front of my RV-9A fuselage and have been doing a LOT of research into my engine choice. I want to go fuel injected and have been looking at the Aerosport engines where I'm told they use the Silverhawk FI system. I've been trying to locate some kind of system diagram or installation manual that would give me an overall look to how the Silverhawk system is integrated into the plane from fuel tanks to injectors. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I asked Aerosport and they told me to go to Precision Airmotive, so I went there and was told that the system is determined by the engine and aircraft manufacturer - I feel like I'm being spun in circles.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Silverhawk and Airflow Performance

Most opt for the Airflow Performance system from Van's. It comes with the pump, relief valve, filter, etc....and install hardware. Details are shown on the FWF drawings when you get your finishing kit. You can get a rough idea of what it looks like if you go to Van's accessory catalog online.
As far as a schematic of the system operation, go online to Precisions website and look up the tutorial. It shows you how the sytem works.

Silverhawk/AFP pp

I have the Silverhawk FI system (had the engine shop install the distributer and injection lines for me). It doesn't use a purge valve system, so plumbing is more straight forward. I bought and installed the Vans AFP boost fuel pp skid... pretty straightforward. You just plumb from it, directly to your mechanical fuel pp. I put my flow transducer between the boost pp and mechanical pp (on the fuse floor), as that best satisfied the straight run limits for before/after the transducer, and keeps it in a cool environment. Keep in mind, that firewall penetrations for carburator Vs FI is different. Need to study that firewall penetration drawing closely.

Try Here for Silverhawk:
http://www.precisionairmotive.com/Publications/EX-5VA1 detail spec 120503.pdf

silverhawkoutline.JPG

silverhawkpicture.jpg

http://www.precisionairmotive.com/

Hi All,

Thanks for the info - that helps a bit.

I've read through the PDF at Precision Airmotive about their fuel injection servo and it was very informative but ultimately didn't tell me what I wanted to know. I even tried to find the tutorial that JonJay mentioned but wasn't able to find that - would you have a link to the tutorial handy?

It sounds like maybe the answers I'm looking for are in the FWF kit instructions - I think I'll ask Van's if they'll part with them early.

Back