What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking to buy RV-6 Interiors

There is an ad to the left

of this post for RV Interiors by Classic Aero designs. You might try them.

Try Abby at Flightline Interiors, I just got my seats for my RV-8 and can say with out hesitation that they are the nicest seats I have ever seen in a RV! I might be a bit biased but hey you wanted a opinion. Honestly Abby does great work. All the Best

Classic Aero Design

hecilopter said:
of this post for RV Interiors by Classic Aero designs. You might try them.
Classic Aero designs - I second them, nice folks, top quality and cool design. They have or will increase price. I bought my seats with an airshow discount and the next purchase is the side liners which give the airplane a custom car appearance. The seats are very well made and designed. G

Abby at Flightline Interiors

I second the vote for Abby at "Flightline Interiors". I got my interior through her and it was far less costly than Classic. I ordered my foam from Hi-Tech Foam (www.seatfoam.com) I sent the uncut foam to Abby and she cut it to size and installed it. No hassel and perfectly done. She is located near OSH. It is a cottage industry so you are talking to the boss and the person who will be making the product. Excellent workmanship. Light weight and cost effective. She is booked about 2 months out so plan accordingly.

I've sent a couple of e-mails inquiring about their products as invited on their Web site. Got no response either time. I'm in the market for interior work and I was learning toward buying the core from Oregon Aero and having it upholstered somewhere else. I'm going to try Flightline Interiors next and see if they're interested in taking my cash.

Bob Collins said:
I was learning toward buying the core from Oregon Aero and having it upholstered somewhere else.
This is absolutely the way to go. I've flown with most of the other types of RV seats and none holds a candle to Oregon Aeros. I've spent many 6-8 hour days in the cockpit with no sore back. Abby will cover the Oregon seats for less than half what the factory wants.

I e-mailed Abby today and asked her about upholstering the seats.Her response came 10 minutes later and the price was only $350 for the pair.

THAT'S the way to run a business.

She's getting mine.

i just got a package today from Abby. Aileron watcha call it booties.

also got a carpet kit from Classic Aero which was pretty nice.

113060024sw.jpg

Back