What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

engine hanging demo

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
We're hanging an engine on my 7A project on Friday July 3 at noon (CT) .
217 Charlie Lane at KSGS. Builders who would like to see what this process looks like are more than welcome to come.

engine hanging

got this little "chore" done a couple of weeks ago.

Dyna I mount. Kind of a pain to get things lined up. I still have to get the cotter pins in the bottom bolts.

Well, at least its on wheels with an engine.....

Still tons of work to do.

Toooo much fun!!

Dave
working on 9A finish kit

Streaming video

Bob,

Could you set this up for those of us too far away to attend (TIC) I will be looking for a nice write up for this as I just received my engine yesterday, though I am a few month away from hanging it. I may have bought it too early, I need to see how long I have before I need to do some storage preservation.

Heres to wishing you a stumble free engine hanging!

Builders who would like to see what this process looks like are more than welcome to come.
Well if that's not a veiled solicitation of assistance I don't know what is. What's next, a deburring demonstation and workshop? ;)

Just kidding Bob... Congratulations and have fun!

Bob,

That is BIG news, the end is in sight!

Congrats!!

I was once told... "Beware! The light you see at the end of the tunnel may be on the end of a proctoscope." :)

Enjoy! It really starts looking like a plane after the engine is mounted.

Bob,

Could you set this up for those of us too far away to attend (TIC) I will be looking for a nice write up for this as I just received my engine yesterday, though I am a few month away from hanging it. I may have bought it too early, I need to see how long I have before I need to do some storage preservation.

Heres to wishing you a stumble free engine hanging!

I'll be documenting it on the blog - engine category

I was once told... "Beware! The light you see at the end of the tunnel may be on the end of a proctoscope." :)

Enjoy! It really starts looking like a plane after the engine is mounted.

Heh. I'm calculating 2011 at the moment. Maybe first engine start in 2010. Remember, it's a pay-as-you-go project.

We got the job done and it was great to see the half-dozen or so of my RV-building (and/or RV dreaming) pals.

The amazing Pete Howell took some pictures. I've got a few, too. I'll write an article this weekend, as soon as I get today's work in the five-year deck rebuilding project done. I'll put it on the blog.

engine_hanging_4.JPG

You know what the best part of the day was for me? The people who announced they were heading back to their hangars to work because they were newly motivated.

You could've waited!

Hey Bob,
As a born and raised TC boy, I'm happy for you! I'll be stopping in to see some family in MPLS for a few days before heading over to OSH. Looking forward to meeting you. PM me a phone number(if you desire) and I'll try to touch base with you before the big show. Congrats on the engine hang. The first start will be a MAJOR milestone.

Back