What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hanger near KLEE???

AndyRV7

Well Known Member
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is building or has built near Leesburg. I called them today and they seem to have a T hanger but I got mixed opinions about building in it or being able to fly a first flight (I spoke with two different airport people). I also looked at Ocala but didn't bother going any further. And one other small field (Umatila (sp?)). They seem to have hangers but the hanger person was out sick and I couldn't get any details.

Basically, my folks are in Lady Lake and I am considering a move to get closer to them. So now I am trying to decide if I can find the space to start a build down there.

Thanks!! Andy

Andy, if you are moving down to the area take a look at Leeward Air Ranch about 12 miles from Lady Lake. LAR has a thriving RV community - 20+ RV's on the field. Some hangars available - with an accompanying house of course. 6200' grass strip. If you are interested I live there and will be happy to pass on more info... Jeff

That sounds like a great place Jeff! I am going to do a little searching at lunchtime. Thanks!!

I imagine that is a pretty standard airpark community. That is, no rentals?

Lots of building going on

Check out some of these airports...X61(Bob White), FA83(Orlando North), X04(Orlando-Apopka), X55(Eustis). Loves Landing is an airpark really close to The Villages/Lady Lake also. Orlando-Apopka is in a big hanger building phase right now so I think it wouldn't be too hard to rent some space from someone there. You can get phone numbers from the Airnav website.

Back