What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

distance between steam gages

Gents,

I'll have the "classic six" on the right side (left side is the MGL Voyager) and I'll try to ballance between saving panel space vs. an overcramped six-pack.
What is the suggest / best distance between the 3.125" instruments?

TNX and
BSTRGRDS
Mike

The old Bingelis books...

Gents,

I'll have the "classic six" on the right side (left side is the MGL Voyager) and I'll try to ballance between saving panel space vs. an overcramped six-pack.

TNX and
BSTRGRDS
Mike

...recommend a minimum spacing of 3.5 inches center to center...

"Sportplane Construction Techniques"

Far, very far

Gents,

TNX and
BSTRGRDS
Mike

I'm in the early stages of planning my panel, but I was planning to keep those steam gauges very far from my airplane. A few miles, at least.

I'm in the early stages of planning my panel, but I was planning to keep those steam gauges very far from my airplane. A few miles, at least.

I think that my steam panel looks real cool, and makes the pilot look smarter & macho because of all the gauges; versus blank TV screens. As much as I'd like glass, I might never change. :)

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Back