What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thanks

flyer46

Thanks Sam and Ty and all who have posted on the APRS Tracking thread. I went to the Saratoga Fire Station (Calif) this morning to take the Tech Exam. (previously took about 40 practice exams on the QRZ.com web site.) After passing, the jovial VE folks asked me if I wanted to continue, as the one fee is good for the whole day. So I took the General, and passed it too! Wahoo! These guys were in a good mood, (and I was too) so they convinced me to go for the Extra. Yep, passed that too.

I took and flunked the Novice code test when I was 12 years old (50 years ago), and gave up on becoming a ham. APRS and your great posts convinced me I really need an APRS tracker in my RV9.

So now all I have to do is wait for my call sign to appear on the FCC web site and go figure which tracker I want to put together.
If others are wondering about the Technician test, study a little bit, and you too will easily pass.

Thanks guys! You are the best.

Booya!

Way to go John!! Lots of cool things to do with the ham License! Fun, new stuff is coming in the world of APRS, too.

EXTRA cool!

Thanks Sam and Ty and all who have posted on the APRS Tracking thread. I went to the Saratoga Fire Station (Calif) this morning to take the Tech Exam. (previously took about 40 practice exams on the QRZ.com web site.) After passing, the jovial VE folks asked me if I wanted to continue, as the one fee is good for the whole day. So I took the General, and passed it too! Wahoo! These guys were in a good mood, (and I was too) so they convinced me to go for the Extra. Yep, passed that too.

Congratulations, John! Wow....you are an Extra!!

APRS is a fantastic application for our planes which you will enjoy not only installing but sharing with those who want to "fly" with you. We look forward to seeing your breadcrumbs. :)

Back