What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Baggage Door Fit

rv6ejguy

Well Known Member
I just completed fitting the baggage door to my -10 QB and not too impressed with how it fits. Top edge hangs outside fuselage skin contour by about 1/8 to 3/16. Doesn't look like much can be done about this now. How have others found the fit of the door?

As a tip to others, rivet the door hinge AFTER you finish riveting the perimeter frame to skin as this gives you a lot more room to place your set. Also I could not insert or remove the hinge pin with the door in place as the plans suggest so be careful here.

I guess they got the contours of the door or fuselage side wrong. Not much we can do about either now. :(

Same problem

I have the same problem. Another RV10 builder mentioned that he was going to fill the top part of the fuselage to match the door. I will let you know how it looks when he completes the job. I'm not that good with fiberglass, so I'm open to suggestions.

QB only or RV-10 in general?

Just a clarification... Does this appear to be a problem with the QB fuselage kits only, or with the RV-10 design (i.e. applies to slow builds also)?

Mark.

Gentlemen, I make a composite door for the RV8 which works well. Would you be interested in such a solution for the 10?

Charles Wilhite
817-832-1178

Just a clarification... Does this appear to be a problem with the QB fuselage kits only, or with the RV-10 design (i.e. applies to slow builds also)?

Mark.
I'm not sure about the slow built. Everyone so far that I have talked to, that has this problem, has been a QB RV-10.

BTW, Have fun with your new RV-10 delivery.

Alex D.

Back