What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

UBG-16 Warning light wiring

lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
Hi,

into my building process I'm installing my instruments panel.

I'm proud owner of a brand new ubg-16 and I ask you a question about the electrical wiring of the al-1 warning light.

I saw into the installation manual that : ' current must be limited @ 1/10 amp for the light wiring', I have the basic aknowledge of an aircraft
electrical system but I don't understand this information. (yeah, I'm not an electric guru)

I get the 14 volts for my warning lights from a dedicated circuit breaker of 1amp; how can I lower the current for the light wiring ? Have I to install a diode between the light signal and the unit or something else ?

Sorry for this probably stupid question but ... an help will be apreciate.

Thanks for patience and help in advance

Hi,

into my building process I'm installing my instruments panel.

I'm proud owner of a brand new ubg-16 and I ask you a question about the electrical wiring of the al-1 warning light.

I saw into the installation manual that : ' current must be limited @ 1/10 amp for the light wiring', I have the basic aknowledge of an aircraft
electrical system but I don't understand this information. (yeah, I'm not an electric guru)

I get the 14 volts for my warning lights from a dedicated circuit breaker of 1amp; how can I lower the current for the light wiring ? Have I to install a diode between the light signal and the unit or something else ?

Sorry for this probably stupid question but ... an help will be apreciate.

Thanks for patience and help in advance

Hi Luke.
What it's referring to is the maximum current available to drive a lamp. If your lamps require less than 100mA, you are good to go. Alternatively, you can use and LED with a series resistor of about 600 ohms (to limit the LED current), connected to your dimmer or +12V.

Most of the annunciator lamps that I've seen require less than 100 mA

Vern

Back