What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Starting my "old style" RV-8 tail kit. Jig Needed in SoCal!

LovelyLibertyRV8a

Hello, I was wondering if anybody has a jig out there that is taking up space in the hangar? I am moving to Palmdale next week from Los Angeles and I am really excited to start my project A.S.A.P.:D. I don't have a problem building a jig, but if I don't have to I would rather not spend the time. So if anybody out there in SoCal is looking to donate a jig to a first time builder, please let me know. Thanks. J.D. Lindsey, 817-845-0468c. [email protected]

J.D.

Welcome to the High Desert! When you get up here, hook up with EAA Chapter 1000. One of our members is building an 8A and is done with his empennage. His is a newer kit, and I don't know whether or not he used a jig. Either way, you'll enjoy the group.

Thanks for the welcome!!! I was looking into chapter 49 but did not know if 1000 would be good for me as it is several more miles to Edwards from my new house. My wife will be commuting from Los Angeles AFB daily, and I am a stay at home dad so I don't know if she will get home in time for me to make the meetings. I think that chapter 1000 meetings are on Tuesdays at 1700, please correct me if I am wrong. Anyway I would really like to get to know as many RVators as I can. I am at L00 all the time because my uncle lives there so I have talked to Rosie some about chapter 49. Can't wait to meet you Miles!

Thanks for the welcome!!! I was looking into chapter 49 but did not know if 1000 would be good for me as it is several more miles to Edwards from my new house. My wife will be commuting from Los Angeles AFB daily, and I am a stay at home dad so I don't know if she will get home in time for me to make the meetings. I think that chapter 1000 meetings are on Tuesdays at 1700, please correct me if I am wrong. Anyway I would really like to get to know as many RVators as I can. I am at L00 all the time because my uncle lives there so I have talked to Rosie some about chapter 49. Can't wait to meet you Miles!

Chapter 49 may make more sense for you. Sometimes it can be a hassle to get on base if you aren't associated with it, but we do have several members who manage it. You'll like Chapter 49 too. At one point I was a member of 49 and 1000, plus Chapter 71 in Bakersfield. You'll have no shortage of help at Rosamond. Ask Paul where the Chapter 1000 RV-8A is being built.

Back