What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

An RV fix near Detroit

Mark Albery

Well Known Member
I'll be leaving the UK, taking up a new job the week after next, which means spending a month or so in Detroit (Rochester Hills) before moving down to Los Angeles afterwards.

A month is a long time without an RV fix, so I was wondering if I could meet up with any builders and/or flyers while there in my (probably limited) free time. If I could buy someone some Avgas and help them burn it, so much the better. Happy to spend the odd evening bucking rivets too if anyone needs a hand.

Will probably be in the market for a -8 or -4 once I get settled in.

Michigan RV'ing

Plenty of RV's around the area. I live in Rochester Hills, and my 7A is based at 57D (Ray Community airport) and we have another half dozen or so there as well (8's, 7's, 6's, and a 4, I think). Pontiac (PTK) is also home to a number of RV's.
If you're around the first Thursday of the month, EAA Chapter 13 meets at 7:30 at 57D.
We can go flying in my plane, but it burns auto gas :eek:
Give a call when you're in town: 248-953-0374

What month are you going to be in Michigan? I have a 10 and always looking for a reason to fly.I live in the Flint area.

Thanks for the replies. I'm due to arrive on Sat 16th May and probably staying through most of June. I'll try for the chapter meeting too.

This is a great community. I look forward to meeting some of you.

Two at KDET

Feel free to contact me by PM or email for details. I could use the company and can meet you at an airport nearer to you such as 57D.

Back