What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Training in NorCal?

Boxcars

A buddy and I need transition training in Northern California, preferably near Sacramento, but Bay Area is OK too. Prefer nosegear RV but we both have 100+ hours in tailwheels (some years ago). Please post here, or PM, or email.

Thanks!

Nose or Tail

Hi Mike,

Just wondering if Hal does nose or tail wheel conversion training and in which model of RV

Thanx,

Simon

Hi Mike,

Just wondering if Hal does nose or tail wheel conversion training and in which model of RV

Thanx,

Simon

Pretty sure Hal can fly any RV you have. His specialty is taildraggers.

Contact Hal for more info/specific questions.

Hal Stephens is an excellent instructor and can fly taildraggers or nosedraggers equally well. You can't go wrong with Hal.

Wil Heslin

same question

It would be pretty hard to get the transition training worked into the Phase I plan. So, if I'm just finishing my RV-8 and getting ready to fly it, we obviously need a different RV for transition training!

I need a tailwheel RV for transition training, so let us know!

Thanks all-

I talked to Hal a few minutes ago, he does not have his own RV so instructs in owners' airplanes. He does have hangar space at Placerville for owners to leave their airplane there for a while until they are comfortable solo.

Back