What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air Force Base needs RV's!

bhassel

Well Known Member
I received this from one of my local chapters:

You might even see some of those strange new fighters stationed there...

Hello EAA Chapter 179!

I'm the Airport Manager in Alamogordo, & I'm trying to drum up some last minute registrations for an event at Holloman Air Force Base (see link below). For some reason, signups are way down from last year. I've been informed that the Base Commander will cancel the event unless higher attendance can be achieved (need 9 more). If you could be so kind as to distribute this E-mail to your membership, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Parker E.C. Bradley
Airport Coordinator, Alamogordo White Sands Regional Airport

Alamogordo/Holloman Open House -- Friday 03/20/2009 http://www.heronaerospace.com/Training/ALM-Holloman-OpenHouse2009.html

Registration is extended to TH 03/19/09 till 11:30 a.m.
[cost is $29.95]

I received this from one of my local chapters:

You might even see some of those strange new fighters stationed there...

Hello EAA Chapter 179!

I'm the Airport Manager in Alamogordo, & I'm trying to drum up some last minute registrations for an event at Holloman Air Force Base (see link below). For some reason, signups are way down from last year. I've been informed that the Base Commander will cancel the event unless higher attendance can be achieved (need 9 more). If you could be so kind as to distribute this E-mail to your membership, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Parker E.C. Bradley
Airport Coordinator, Alamogordo White Sands Regional Airport

Alamogordo/Holloman Open House -- Friday 03/20/2009 http://www.heronaerospace.com/Training/ALM-Holloman-OpenHouse2009.html

Registration is extended to TH 03/19/09 till 11:30 a.m.
[cost is $29.95]
Bob, I'm in the area and could possibly come, but the link information is not clear for me. I know the Bataan Memorial event is this weekend, but I'm not clear how RVs or fly-ins are relevant?

It's not tied to the Death March, which is a WSMR event. This is a general aviation fly-in/open house being sponsored by Holloman AFB (including the Aero Club) in conjunction with the Alamogordo airport and local GA community. The event includes briefings and tours at Holloman and (for those who signed up early enough) the opportunity to get an altitude chamber ride that meets FAA high-altitude training requirements.

Zilla

Back