What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vic--Nice RV-10 story in the RVator

mark manda

Well Known Member
Hi Vic.

just finished reading your story in the latest (fifth issue 2005) RVator. Your story along with the Van's story made for some good reading.

Sounds like it's been a Great Ride! Thanks for the enjoyment, how about a ride sometime? maybe SnF '06? ;)

mark

vicsarticle8sj.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it Mark. Don't hesitate to come by before SNF to get a ride. Doing rides at the airshows can get hectic, and ends up being less than enjoyable at times.

Vic

Cool Story Vic

Vic, I just read about your RV-10 and life long experience building numerous airplanes. Hey! I remember your Strawberry RV-4, If I am not mistaken an article was written in the EAA magazine about your RV-4 many years ago. I still have it somewhere. It was an inspiration to me at the time, and years after reading about your RV-4 , I started building my first RV in the late 80's. Your example was in part a catalyst. Thanks Vic. EAA should pick the story up, since they covered your first plane they should cover the latest. Congrats George

Last edited:
Hi George. Yes you are right regarding the RV-4 story. Nice to know it had a positive impact on you! Hopefully we can all meet at OSH or SNF sometime and put names with faces. Of course, any and all are welcome to come and visit us at Mallards Landing GA04. As a matter of fact, we are having a fly in this Saturday, open to everyone. I'll give RV-10 rides to any builders.

Vic

Hi George. Yes you are right regarding the RV-4 story. Nice to know it had a positive impact on you! Hopefully we can all meet at OSH or SNF sometime and put names with faces. Of course, any and all are welcome to come and visit us at Mallards Landing GA04. As a matter of fact, we are having a fly in this Saturday, open to everyone. I'll give RV-10 rides to any builders.

Vic
Vic,
Can you provide me with driving directions from Marietta? Private message here will be fine or email me offline at mailto:[email protected]. I'll bring the camera!

Borrowed Horse TW

I just received my RVator also. First thing I noticed has the different looking TW on Jay Pratt's RV-6 that graces the coverpage. I wonder what prompted the change and if it handles any different. Just curious....

jay's plane

for several years now, I've always thought that Jay borrowed someone's plane. Humm. he actually has one. what do you know?

Back