What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thanks Plane Power

N208ET

Well Known Member
I got a plane power 60A alt. with my firewall foward kit, the only problem is Vans only stocks them with the Boss Mount, I needed a case mount. I called Vans and they suggested I try dealing with Plane Power personally. I guess this is becoming a bit of a problem as 4 other people have called them recently with the same issue. In the end, they are shipping me a case mount and I am sending the boss mount back, FREE of charge. Great people to deal with.

Randy
8A Finishing, FWF

Let Van's know up front and they can get you the case mount or at least thats what they told me. Van's has a great price on these units.

Tried that

I bought their case mount, 12 bucks I think, thinking it would be great and fit just fine. No Joy. Vans case mount doesn't work on a narrow deck 0-360 with a plane power install. So far, I have 3 mounting systems on the wall, the original case mount, the boss mount that came with the alternater, and the case mount that Vans sells. Third times a charm my foot.

Randy
8A Finishing, FWF

Not their case mount bracket but the complete case mount alternator/hardware from PP.

They told me that if you let them know up front, they can get you the correct complete case mount alternator and hardware for the ND O-360 for the same price as the regular kit.

I think the case mount bracket only that Van's sells for cheap is for if you want to case mount your regular boss mount alternator. Apparently the alternator frames are made different for case vs boss.

Last edited:
Same w/me last year

Last year I had the same issue. I bought mine direct before Van's offered Plane Power Alt (1st year OSH deal) and did not know about the different mounts. When I finally got around to mounting it, about a year later, I found out I needed the case mount. They cheerfully exchanged it at no charge, I only had to pay the shipping. Great people to work with.

I called Vans too.

I got a plane power 60A alt. with my firewall foward kit, the only problem is Vans only stocks them with the Boss Mount, I needed a case mount. I called Vans and they suggested I try dealing with Plane Power personally. I guess this is becoming a bit of a problem as 4 other people have called them recently with the same issue. In the end, they are shipping me a case mount and I am sending the boss mount back, FREE of charge. Great people to deal with.

Randy
8A Finishing, FWF

I was one of those who recently called Van's looking for a case mount Plane Power alternator. I called just over a week ago. I got mine from Aircraft Spruce for $3 more than Van's price. They send you a quote via e-mail that is significantly less than their advertised price.

When I picked up my FWF kit I completely spaced out and just got a kit with a boss mount. I knew I needed a case mount but I didn't think it would even be a big deal being I am so close to Vans anyway. Some things you just learn as you go I guess.

Randy
8A Finishing, FWF

Back