What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Traveling to the NorthEast

keithschult

Well Known Member
I'm traveling to the Newark, NJ, area to meet a client for business at the end of this week, weather permitting. I have allowed Sat, Sun, and Mon to travel for Tuesday-Friday appointments. Since she arrives & departs at the Newark airport, I'm looking for a nearby (an hour distant?), friendly airport to fuel and hangar my RV-6A for several days, as well as to rent a vehicle.

I've been to Morristown and enjoyed it, riding the train to Penn station, etc. However, I'd like to avoid the nearly $7/gal fuel prices.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Newark

Somerset, NJ. KSMQ would be my choice. Much better fuel prices. I don't know about hanger availability. Very friendly people, I'd call and see what they could do for you.

Samuel H. Mellott
N801SM

Hi Keith

I might be too far away but I have a empty hangar at S37 waiting for my 8 to come back from TX, it might be a bit too far from Newark but you are welcome to it if you need it:D
And Fuel at S37 is 3:85

Thanks, guys, that is all helpful information

Kirk: I sent you a PM.

I'm looking forward to this trip...:D

KSMQ Somerset

Somerset is my local airport and the folks there are great. It's about 6 miles from Morristown. If you need transportation, I can help with that.:)

Back