What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Deer Valley Airport Visit

ScottSchmidt

Well Known Member
Hi guys, we are going to be flying into Scottsdale, AZ on Thursday morning (weather permitting) and plan on flying into Deer Valley airport.
I know there are a few RV builders located at that airport.
Any recommendations on where to stay there? Looks like there are a couple of FBO's.
I also remember a pilot who flies model helicopters located at Deer Valley.

We will be staying at a hotel there until Sunday. I will also be at Chandler on Friday afternoon flying their Pitts for a couple of hours.
Anyway, any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Lot of activity

Scott,

Deer Valley has lots of RV activity. Are you planning on staying near DVT or Scottsdale? If DVT there are a couple of "neighborhoods" to avoid.

If you want to fly down to Stellar P19, I'll loan you my Ford F250 to get around in while you are here. (it doesn't get driven much so it would be a good thing) I'm a 10 minute drive to Chandler, about 40 minutes from DVT and about 30 minutes from Scottsdale. Also, I'm 5 minutes from 15 different hotels, every restaurant known to man and a major shopping mall.

The RVer that is the World Class RC helicopter pilot is Jason Krause. He monitors the list I believe.

DVT is VERY busy with extensive training activity. Be very cautious.

Let me know if I can assist.

Hi Scott, I'm pretty much at DVT everyday, have a 7 near the self serve pump. Give me a call 602-770-7561 if you want. If coming from the west you might want to land on 7L and turn off to the left, the self serve fuel is right past A9 turn off. They have changed the procedure for crossing from one side of the port to the other and it is a real pain. A small group usually flies to Chandler on Thurs. AM but normally back by 9:30. You will see a white S-10 pick up 45 degrees NE of the Self Serve fuel in the front row of hangers row, That's me. Larry

Thanks

Scott,

Deer Valley has lots of RV activity. Are you planning on staying near DVT or Scottsdale? If DVT there are a couple of "neighborhoods" to avoid.

If you want to fly down to Stellar P19, I'll loan you my Ford F250 to get around in while you are here. (it doesn't get driven much so it would be a good thing) I'm a 10 minute drive to Chandler, about 40 minutes from DVT and about 30 minutes from Scottsdale. Also, I'm 5 minutes from 15 different hotels, every restaurant known to man and a major shopping mall.

The RVer that is the World Class RC helicopter pilot is Jason Krause. He monitors the list I believe.

DVT is VERY busy with extensive training activity. Be very cautious.

Let me know if I can assist.

Thanks, I am staying at a hotel between Deer Valley airport and Scottsdale airport.
I really appreciate the generosity, I might take you up on that someday.
I will call both airports and see what the overnight fee is.

The last two times I've flown in, I flew into Scottsdale. I was going to give Deer Valley a shot this time but maybe I should stick with Scottsdale??

I will keep looking into it and I'm praying for great weather on Thursday and Sunday up here.

Hey Darwin, As you know I fly out of DVT a few times a week. I am trying to figure out what neighborhoods we are to avoid? There are several of us RV's based here and are very happy with our airport. Yes it can be busy at times but the tower does a good job. Please don't discourage fellow RVers from coming to our port. We love to see them. Larry

Hi Scott, If you make to DVT, a local RVer will be out of town and you can use his hanger if you want. Larry

sorry we misssed you

Scott,

I flew my -6 down to Corpus Christie on the 19th and we had a big RC heli event near by Deer Valley this last weekend as well....would have liked to meet up....hopefully next time!

Jason

Too bad.

Hopefully next time we can meet up. I ended up flying down a day early and landed at night at Scottsdale. (where I was more familiar)
Anyway, we will meet up another time.

Back