What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVs around Anacortes Washington

Flyrod

Well Known Member
I am on the Richard G. Matthiesen anchored off Anacortes, Washington doing some training with a new Chief Mate to our Company. We were on deck today around 1100 when a familiar sound made me look up and see a nice fast RV going overhead. It was white with red leading edges. You NW guys feel free to give us a buzz job and a wing wave as it will certainly be enjoyed aboard the ship. We are the red and black ship with two grey cargo arms forward of the house. We will be here until the 18th. I should be getting off in time to attend the NW fly in. I also hope to drop by Van?s. :p

Welcome to Anacortes!

Hi Flyrod,

Arlington airport (KAWO) and many of the other local strips are home to the Blackjack Squadron, which regularly does formation flights, missing man formations, and other flight displays around the area. Arlington is just a few minutes east of Anacortes.

I live just north of the Arlington airport and get to see members of the Blackjack Squadron practicing on a very regular basis. Seems there's always a couple of RV's on the ramp or in the air over the area. Great motivation for me as I finish off the ever-growing-shorter punchlist before getting a DAR inspection and first flight of my -7. :D

Back