What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak Service Bulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Well Known Member
I noticed this came out came out yesterday regarding the servo arm retaining screw.

http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/Service_Bullentin/servo_service_bulletin.html

Servo Service Bulletin

Date: January 21, 2009

Problem

It has recently come to our attention that some of our servos may have been shipped without the proper thread locker on the servo arm retaining screw. In over 12,000 servos shipped we have only had a few verified cases where this has occurred, however the safety of our customers is of our utmost concern. Due to this discovery, we have made a change in the way we assemble this part of the servo. All newly manufactured servos will be shipped using a Nylok screw with integrated thread locker. We recommend contacting us by filling out the form found HERE(link to web-form) to obtain replacement screws. This form is the easiest way to ensure that everyone gets the proper solution to this problem. The screws will be mailed free of charge to anyone wishing to make this change.

Note: All RMA servos will automatically have this change made from this date forward.

Units NOT Affected

The High Torque series of servos do not use the same arm locking screw and are not affected by this service bulletin. The part numbers of the units NOT affected are shown below:

DSB-HB 12V
DSB-HB 24V
DSB-HB CAP 12V
DSB-HB CAP 24V
DSP-HB 12V
DSP-HB 24V
DSP-HB CAP 12V
DSP-HB CAP 24V

Solution

The best solution to this potential problem is to simply contact TruTrak using the link above and request the new arm retaining screws. We will ship the replacement screws free of charge to anyone wishing to make this change.

To change the servo arm retaining screw, simply unscrew the existing arm retaining screw and replace it with the new one. Be sure to re-install the nylon washer along with the new screw. DO NOT REMOVE THE SMALL BRASS SCREW! The small brass screw is used as a safety shear mechanism, attempting to remove this screw will disable the servo!
The photo below shows which screw to replace.

servo_service_bulletin_clip_image002.jpg

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. We will continue working to provide the highest quality products possible.

REQUEST NEW SCREWS HERE (link to web-form)​

Cool

Just one small gripe (maybe trutak will take pity on us)..I have no idea what the serial#'s are unless I pull off the inspection covers/rear bulkehead panel.

I'd rather have the screws in my hand BEFORE I pull the covers off.

Frank

Serial# not required.
Just one small gripe (maybe trutak will take pity on us)..I have no idea what the serial#'s are unless I pull off the inspection covers/rear bulkehead panel.

I'd rather have the screws in my hand BEFORE I pull the covers off.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back