What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV owners/builders in Minneapolis

tuner

I officially joined VAF today, but have been lurking and reading over the forums for the last year or so.

My wife and I recently relocated to the Minneapolis metro earlier last year and I'd love to meet some local RV owners with hopes of learning more about the build process and possibly take a flight with someone looking for a passenger to split the costs. I am primarily interested in the 7 and 9, but would truly appreciate seeing any of the RV models in person.

I currently rent/fly out of FCM and LVN - I'd be happy to fly or drive out to your home airport.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome Tuner

There is a great group here in Minne. Doug Weiler is the local group president and flies a -4 out of Lake Elmo while building a -7. I have -9A flying out of Anoka, Alex P has a -6A and Bernie W a 7A in the same hangar. Tom Berge has a 7A at Crystal. Ken B has a 6A and -4 at LVN.

Drop me a message and we'd be happy to show the planes and get you hooked up for a ride.

Last edited:
Thank you for the quick reply Pete. I'll send you a PM so we can exchange contact info.

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Quick update...

Pete invited me up to his hanger this past weekend and was gracious enough to give me a very nice tour of his 9A, a 6A, and a 7A - all of which were beautiful examples of great craftsmanship and attention to detail.

This evening, I flew up to Pete's airport for a flight. I am 100% hooked! Worst part of the night was my boring and slow flight home in the 172 rental I took up there.

Thanks a million times over Pete! You are quite the ambassador for Vans and the RV line of planes.

I'd be happy to show you an in-progress build of an RV-7A. I've also got an engine in a crate so you can see what $23,000 looks like. :eek:

I'm based at Fleming field at south St. Paul.

I'll also be out there Friday night to view David Maib's RV-10 coming out (with paint) ceremony.

Thanks for the invite Bob! I would love to see your 7A progress as well as David's RV-10. I'll shoot you a message with my contact info.

welcome to town

As Pete mentioned we have a very active group in the TC under the leadership of our Prez, Doug Weiler Alex, Pete and I share a hangar at ANE. Give us a call and visit or better yet join us on a breakfast run. I am still confined to the practice area as I am halfway through phase 1. Generally, if the wx is good,one of us is flying.

Hello fellow RVers!
I am new to the Vans airforce message boards. I have just purchased a wrecked RV8 that I am in the process of rebuilding. I am located out at lake elmo (row right behind Doug and Paul's hangar). I just purchased the hangar this summer and am looking forward to rebuilding the bird. Look forward to learning about the RV and meeting all the interesting people that make up this community.

Back