What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anybody in Guam

AF_Alan

Well Known Member
My employer has decided I'm needed in Guam for the next couple years. I don't see any EAA chapters there so I'm asking if anyone is building/flying an RV in that neck of the Pacific.

Alan
RV-9A Fuselage in prog
N984AW Reserved

Guam

My employer has decided I'm needed in Guam for the next couple years. I don't see any EAA chapters there so I'm asking if anyone is building/flying an RV in that neck of the Pacific.

Alan
RV-9A Fuselage in prog
N984AW Reserved

Alan:

"Guam Is Good" Just keep that in mind for the next tour!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

When I was there back in the early 70's there was virtually no Gen. Av. activity there. That was a long time ago tho. Don't know about now.

I was only there on Temporary Duty a few times (Check my profile). It can be a fun place if you decide to make it so. Scuba/Skin Diving can be a wonderful diversion from "Island Fever".:D

If you can convince the movers that your kit is truly "household goods", maybe you can get it shipped free. That might be problematic if something were to be damaged in transit.

Might be a good place to build though. The Aircraft Maintenance Sq.'s "Bench Stock" is almost like a local Aircraft Spruce Store!:p

Good luck and visit Tinian and Saipan Islands for some wonderful history lessons.

I've been to The "Trinity Site" in New Mexico where the first Atomic Bomb was detonated, Tinian Island where the others were loaded onto the B-29's "Enola Gay" and "Bocks Car" and to Japan where the were used.

Back