What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

South Lakeland (X49) or Sun'n'Fun RV Gatherings???

RBD

Well Known Member
If my memory serves me right (which it rarely does,) this area usually has some sort of RV gathering around this time of year. I have never been to the one at South Lakeland, but have attended the one at the Sun'n'Fun campus a few times. Does anyone know if and when these two events will be held this year? Any other events? I haven't seen an RV since the Loves Landing fly-in, and I'm due for a fix. :)

If my memory serves me right (which it rarely does,) this area usually has some sort of RV gathering around this time of year. I have never been to the one at South Lakeland, but have attended the one at the Sun'n'Fun campus a few times. Does anyone know if and when these two events will be held this year? Any other events? I haven't seen an RV since the Loves Landing fly-in, and I'm due for a fix. :)

Hi Ryan,
Happy to see you're close to a deal on a 4. Let me know if you'd like me to take a look at it. Never hurts to get another opinion.
LAL used to have an event the 3rd weekend of Jan. Florida RV does not have it on their schedule.
Check out their site for upcoming RV events.
http://www.rotaryaviation.com/VAF-FL-Wing.html

Hi Dan,
I appreciate the offer of taking a look at the plane for me, and I would certainly take you up on it if it weren't located in Indiana. One Rob Smoky Ray is going to do a pre-buy for me and possibly ferry it down if the weather cooperates. Thanks for the link; I'll check it periodically for any events.

Lakeland RVs

The Sun & Fun RV event was not planned this year. It may have been because January weather never likes to participate. Last couple years have not worked well.

Jay Kurtz at South Lakeland (X49) has a Flyin the Saturday before
Super Bowl. No RV event I am aware of this year but he does plan
to have his normal flyin. Check the notams though since Super Bowl
is in Tampa this year.....not saying it will matter just saying it may.

Once you get your RV come look us up at LAL. We fly out Sunday
morning for $100 eggs most weeks and are out at the hangers
Friday nights telling lies and solving world problems.

CBRXXDRVatAOLdotCOM
Sal
N898SC
Lakeland, FL.

Lets not forget we have a Fly-in this Saturday at South Lakeland Airport (X49)
We will start serving Pancakes and sausage at 8AM and hot dogs around 11AM.
Those that are volunteering and those that would like to please be at Jays Hangar at
7:30 AM. We could use help with parking planes and cars as well as cooking.
The activities will be held in the old Skydive hangar. If you need more info
email me at [email protected] or call 863-206-3991.

Hope to see your there......we should have a great time

Did you not get a flyer?? Email me and I will send you one.

Sal Capra
President EAA454
Lakeland FL
863-206-3991

Back