What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Track Me To Aircraft Spruce

bsacks05

Well Known Member
Here I am wasting an absulutely gorgeous flying day sitting at work. :mad: However, I plan to leave here at 3pm EST and be airborne by 3:30-45 on my way to ACS in Peachtree City, GA - KFFC. I need to pick up an order of spruce and plywood in order to continue making progress on my Hatz biplane project. :)

www.aprs.fi callsign - KJ4EFS

Did somebody say HATZ?!?! Pics please! I know it's not an RV, but there are plenty of us RV guys that also like that wood/tube/fabric stuff as well - you should see the bipe that Dan H is working on! Keep us posted (or at least keep me posted)! :)

Cheers,
Stein

Stein,
Here is a picture of the recently completed lower right wing. Left wing ribs are just about completed and I need to place an order for the spars from ACS. Progress is not as fast as it should be, but then again it ain't no kit and I have something to fly in the meantime anyway. ;) Still, I don't want it to be an endless project and 5 more years might be a good guess til its complete. I have seen pictures of Dan's project, he is a builder's builder and sets the bar very high. Incredible work.

img1262ms5.jpg

Beautiful job Bruce! Isn't it sad when you get these wood wings and parts done that you have to cover them up? I look at my wood Mullicoupe wings every day and think....Boy I wish I didn't have to cover them up!

Anyway, nice pic! Slap one up here on VAF once and awhile to keep us informed (or at least send me a pic directly)! I'm in the same boat as you, just one less wing - or two depending on how you look at it. Still lots of tubing, wood, fabric, steel work to do, and probably years to do it, but it is fun to deviate from the world of RVs once and awhile.

Cheers,
Stein

Back