What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Has anyone flown down to South Padre Island?

weeav8ter

I'm thinking of flying down to South Padre Island,TX for a week or so in Feb and was wondering if anyone has flown down there. I'm trying to figure out where the best place to stay would be. I'd like to rent something right on the ocean in a nice area.

Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Wayne Edgerton RV10 N602WT
North Texas 16X

Haven't flown down to South Padre, but interestingly that's one of the reasons I built my RV6. I use to fish down there so much, I could have been a guide in th eighties & nineties. Can't wait till I can fly down there from Houston in about 2 hours.

Just don't go in March or April, Spring break leaves no rooms available and many drunks to avoid. If your twenty it might be fun.

South Padre

I'm thinking of flying down to South Padre Island,TX for a week or so in Feb and was wondering if anyone has flown down there. I'm trying to figure out where the best place to stay would be. I'd like to rent something right on the ocean in a nice area.

Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Wayne Edgerton RV10 N602WT
North Texas 16X

Haven't flown that far South in years. I have been to Mustang Beach lately KRAS. The airport is within walking distance to the beach. I think that they usually have a shuttle bus from the strip to town where you can get a meal or a room.

Used to have a friend who had a car there so I didn't have to worry about waiting for the shuttle. He has since passed on and I don't know his son well enough to call him and ask for the use of the car.

Check Airnav.com and call around.

Ditto Spring Break.

Back