What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FS20X7T and Swivel Tee Fitting

N130WN

Well Known Member
I'm installing the FS20X7T Andair fuel valve/swivel tee fitting/AFP pump combo in my RV-7. I was expecting the swivel tee to stop swiveling once I positioned it and snugged it down firmly, but no -- still able to swivel freely. I can't see how this would not leak. Can anyone confirm??

Not good!

Hi Larry,

That should be right, same as any flared AN fitting. It's hard to see in the video but the female end on the fuel valve doesn't appear to be flared. Looks flat, though it may be an illusion in the video. If it is in fact flat, the nut may be bottoming out on the fuel valve before the faces of the flared surfaces are seating.

Not sure if this helps but I ordered the FS20f7T directly from Andair. Rather than the male AN fitting on the bottom it has the female 1/4 in. NPT fitting. Much cheaper fitting needed and I felt more secure about it.

Hope it helps.

Eric
Boise ID
RV-7 Finishing

The bottom of the fuel valve is for a flair fitting. It has the "cone", I think is the right term. So unless the cone on the value and the flare on the fitting mate tight, it will leak. And if it's still swiveling, it can't be a tight. It does feel like it bottoms out, but I don't see how it can be....

Thanks,

I'm installing the FS20X7T Andair fuel valve/swivel tee fitting/AFP pump combo in my RV-7. I was expecting the swivel tee to stop swiveling once I positioned it and snugged it down firmly, but no -- still able to swivel freely. I can't see how this would not leak. Can anyone confirm??

Close the valve and blow into the fitting, with your fingers blocking any other outlets.

Try that fitting on another male part................

I tried another male fitting, as suggested, and swivel tee bottomed out and stopped swiveling as you would normally expect. I tried it again on the fuel value and was just a little more assertive with the tightening, and it eventually bottomed out and stopped swiveling. So, issue resolved. Thanks.

Back