What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Travel to Vancouver BC

Greg Arehart

Well Known Member
I will be traveling to Vancouver at the end of January (25-29) for a meeting and am considering flying the RV from Reno rather than pay the outrageous cost of an airline ticket (plus it should be LOTS more fun). I'm wondering what my Canadian friends can tell me about airports other than YVR that have some sort of bus or taxi service to downtown. Given the weather that time of year, what is likely to be the best option (VFR)?

You could reply directly to my email: arehart at unr.edu

thanks,
greg

Your best bet would be to land in Boundary Bay (CZBB). They have customs and you can arrange a taxi or city bus to downtown.

There are several RVs at the airport as well. Right now, however, you will want to check for snow conditions!

Vern

Fly Reno direct Klamouth Falls, refuel then direct Boundary Bay. Probably the best route it is an easy flight. Boundary Bay is a good friendly place to land and clear customs. No real high hills to go over and an easy flight. ATC has always been good to me on that route. You will fly directly through Portland airspace and they are good there. Have a good flight if you go.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Looks like I will end up going commercial :( due to weather, cost (got a real cheap ticket), and the remaining 7 hours of the 40 needed to get out of my test box (won't happen in time). Maybe next time....

cheers,
greg

Back