What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FlightLine interior after 1 year of service

cleve_thompson

Well Known Member
My Flightline interior has bee in service now for 1 year in my RV9A and I have been pleased with it. Installation was straight forward and it has held up well. I elected to use "faux" leather because of the cost savings, but I was afraid that it might be hot like vinyl is. However after flying in the south Georgia heat for over a 100 hours, I don't think it is any hotter than real leather.
Here is the Picasa URL for an album which shows some pictures of interior after 1 year of hard use.
http://picasaweb.google.com/cleve3/FlightlineInteriorInRV9A#

Cleve,

Thanks for posting. I am going to have to make my interior choice here soon. BTW, what is the part number for the rocker switches you used in your panel and from where did you get them?

Thanks,

Cleve, I see you had the two problems that I experienced: The fabric not sticking to the armrest undersurface, and not installing the fabric in the footwells.

I fixed the first problem with contact cement, but I never did install the footwell fabric.

A third item (I'll call it an improvement) was the fabric wrap around the flap housing with a velcro close. I didn't like how this worked, so I cut and glued the fabric to the flap housing panels and supports. Where the screw holes are located, I bored holes with a soldering iron. Now, I have fabric-covered panels that screw on/off.

I've done this a couple of other places where I wanted to access screws without removing the fabric.

Vern

Abby has changed the armrests. I have her new ones getting ready to go back into Black Magic and I can say without hesitation they are quite nice. For those looking for interior, IMHO you cannot go wrong with Abby at Flightline Interiors. I kinda feel, "your mileage will not vary".

Back