What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel pressure transducer

casper

Well Known Member
I have 400 hrs on my GRT and have just replaced the fuel pressure transducer for the third time, what experience have you other guys had with these transducers
Doyle Reed RV7A

I was asked what was the problem I was having with the transducers. The problem is that the indicated pressure starts running up and down the scale. I have my GRT set at max 10 psi. and when the pressure goes above that the red warning light comes on. The first time I ordered a new transducer from GRT they told me that the amount of time that I had on the transducer was more that most people get. I thought that was strange, so I was curious as to what other people were getting for time on these transducers
Doyle Reed RV7A See you in Santa Tereas

No problems here..

casper said:
I was asked what was the problem I was having with the transducers. The problem is that the indicated pressure starts running up and down the scale. I have my GRT set at max 10 psi. and when the pressure goes above that the red warning light comes on. The first time I ordered a new transducer from GRT they told me that the amount of time that I had on the transducer was more that most people get. I thought that was strange, so I was curious as to what other people were getting for time on these transducers
Doyle Reed RV7A See you in Santa Tereas
I have 650 hrs on mine, and have replaced (free I might add from GRT after 400 hrs) the oil pressure transducer once, and have had flawless operation of the fuel sender.
Glen :D

Fuel Pressure transducer

I think I found my problem with the fuel pressure transducer. On the ride out to LOE my copilot and I discussed the problem. We decided it had to be a wire problem. On Saturday we pulled the top cowling and checked the wiring as best we could. We pulled the conections off the transducer and pushed them on and off several times. Viola, it worked perfect all the way home, over 4 hrs. Today i put the old transducer back on and cleaned the conections real good, It works perfect.
Doyle Reed RV7A, 413 Hrs
Casper Two

Back