What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The fun begins!

RV-3Bravo

Well Known Member
With the emp arriving way earlier than advertised, I have inventoried the kit and found that the control horns were B/O. I'm really not in a rush, so it wont bother me at all. I am building this thing in my apartment! Talk about cramped spaces! Good thing I am building a -3...;)

Here are a few pix!
100_1345.jpg

100_1352.jpg

100_1353.jpg

100_1351.jpg

I started mine (emp. and wings) upstairs in my story and a half house with the compressor in the down stairs closet to shield the noise.
Told the neighbors if they heard "ratt a tatt tatt" ... it was just me riveting!:D
Good luck!!

Good luck Stephen...........

Glad you finally got your kit started. I'm always out at CXO and will help you any way which I can. Don't know anything about 3's, but know a little about putting a 6 together. Stop by sometime.

I started mine (emp. and wings) upstairs in my story and a half house with the compressor in the down stairs closet to shield the noise

If anyone does this... Make sure compressor doesn't get to hot if closet or enclosure is not vented properly... Just being safe/Not sorry.:D

Stephen,
concrats on getting started. It's always great to see interesting places to build. Keep us posted.

It's great to see that the -3 kit includes actual sheet metal, not just a box of raw bauxite and a home smeltier kit....;)

Enjoy the build - we hope to start a -3B ourselves sometime soon!

Paul

I noticed the rod holder in the corner.
I'm sorry to say that you probably need to put these items on "Craigs List" or "E-Bay". They are going to just sit and gather dust for a few years otherwise. In my case bow hunting and fishing went on the back burner for eight years. I even heard that they are using arrows that aren't tipped with obsidian any more, and fishing rods are being made out of fiber-glass....................god I hate fiber-glass.

Good Luck - Don't Mind Us!

That is hysterical Randy.

In my case I put RC modeling on the back burner. In my progress pics you can see that the jets and aerobatic planes sitting on shelves around the work areas gradually get more and more gray as they accumulate aluminum dust! It will be interesting to see if I remember how to fly them.

Good luck with the build. Wow, no pre-punching *shudder* -- you are a braver man than I.

Antony

I noticed the rod holder in the corner.
I'm sorry to say that you probably need to put these items on "Craigs List" or "E-Bay". They are going to just sit and gather dust for a few years otherwise. In my case bow hunting and fishing went on the back burner for eight years. I even heard that they are using arrows that aren't tipped with obsidian any more, and fishing rods are being made out of fiber-glass....................god I hate fiber-glass.

Thanks for all the compliments! I have been busy buying goodies for the build! The economy hasn't really slowed my line of work, so I can say I am truly blessed... Now, I just need to find some tools!:D

Back