What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon EMS D10 gone black

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
On our RV7A yesterday. Just after start up the two year old EMS went to a yellow screen and then to black as in dead. Connections seems to be ok, but we could not check the actual supply voltage. All other instruments seems to be ok. To me it looks like an internal failure? Anyone out there who had the same?

Jan,
If only thing you can really try here is to pull ALL power from the EMS, including keep alive, which generally is easiest by pulling the connectors off the back of the unit, but can be done other ways as well.

If that doesn't fix it, and you are sure it's still getting power, then yes, that sounds like an internal failure. We'll have to look at the unit here. Please contact us via email or phone before sending it back for a RMA number.

Yes, we had that happen on the D10A in Louise's airplane a year and a half back.Called Dynon, they gave us an RMA, and I believe the replacement was back in less than a week.

Hers was a very early unit, and I think Dynon has improved the later ones in this regard.

Paul

Thanks Dynonsupport, pulled the plug, connected it again and it worked . I am just wondering if it will happen again. Will contact you directly as well.

Back