What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

air angle drill

ge9a

Well Known Member
Has anyone tried the "90 deg flat offset" angle drill from Avery? I bought their angle drill attachment set, and it doesn't work the best after very little use, so I am thinking about breaking down and buying a real angle drill. Avery's "flat offset" drill looks interesting. I'm wondering if anyone has used it and can comment on it.

Thanks.

Greg

Greg
Looks like a nice drill. I haven't used this particular drill, but it has what is commonly called a "pancake" attachment. I have used pancake attachments in the past repairing damaged airplanes. Pancakes can get into really tight places. There are many different types. I haven't found a need for one on my RV7A, and I have about all the sheet metal parts done. I bought a new right angle mini drill model ACAT for $199 from the Yard and it does everything I need. It doesn't have a great deal of power but it is perfectly adequate for #12 holes in aluminum. The quality of the drill is adequate as well. I also have a 45 degree Dotco (high quality) that I rarely use. I think a 90 is more useful. I posted this because others contemplating an angle drill might benefit from my experience. I would not bother with the $80 angle drill attachments. I don't like them - too cumbersome and too big. Spend a little more and get the ACAT. If you have too much money, get a Sioux or Dotco. The Yard also has used drills that can be real bargains.. Steve

Back