What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Orlando Oct 12

7DeltaLima

Well Known Member
Folks...
Heading to Orlando Disney for a business conference in Mid October. The plan is to fly the 7A down from Iowa. Any recommendations on where to fly into? FBO to use that is RV friendly? Any of you other IT guys headed to the Gartner Conference?

Doug

Make sure you look to the east on the morning of October 14th.There is a shuttle launch and you can see it from Disney. Head into KISM. Just minutes away from Disney.

KISM

Doug,

I concur with Todd that Kissimmee (KISM) would probably be the best airport for you. Disney is not actually in Orlando, thats just a trick we play on tourists. Disney is located 20 miles to the southwest of Orlando and just as close, if not closer, to Kissimmee. BTW there is a long standing TFR over disney, 3 miles in radius.

I regret that I am not able to hook you up with information about a suitable hangar. I have not flown into ISM in years. There is an experimental community there with at least a couple of RV's.

Enjoy your visit.

If you're really good at your short field get permission from Jay to land at 44FD :eek:

You also got to know the secret handshake :D

I have hanger space. Rental car on field. 25 minutes from disney. Fuel is 5.49. Apopka airport X04 Let me know what time you'll arrive and I'll meet you there and let you in hanger and give key

bill
407-616-7764
rv-4

Thanks...

Bill,
thanks for the offer. I'll be in touch as we finalize plans. We'll either be in Sat or Sunday depending upon if we stop in Muscle Shoals, AL to visit family for a couple nights on the way down.

Thanks again & look forward to meeting you,
Doug

Back